Scott Rossi wrote:
Recently, Jacque Landman Gay wrote:

I have no data to suggest that setting the text of an image is any better or
worse than the method of putting image-related data into an image.  I've
only seen references by the programming dudes at RunRev to use the text
property, so I do.
They're different properties for different purposes.

Great recap Jacque, but I was referring to the methods of setting text of an
image versus putting image content stored in a variable into an image.  As
far as I know, both methods accomplish the same result while neither offers
any significant benefit over the other.

I need increase the alphaData of my comments so they're not so opaque.

Oops. It's me that's opaque. I know you knew all that, so I was preaching to myself. Bloviating. Preaching to the choir. Blathering. Talking to hear myself.

But me either. I mean, I don't know if there's any difference. I use "put" more than "set" just because I'm so used to it and habit is a hard thing to break. Mark Waddingham uses "set" because he thinks of everything in terms of base syntax and I suspect under the hood that putting an image really sets it. Or at least, that's my theory and I'm sticking to it.