What was I saying about morons?

On 07/17/2010 06:40 PM, Richmond wrote:
Whether this posting consists of "more on the topic" or "moron the topic"
has yet to be seen . . .

On 07/17/2010 11:41 AM, Richmond wrote:
<snip>

1. As one has to leverage mplayer embedded movies are 'off'.

  Consequences of this:

1.1. The poor old end-user will have to 'fart around' (it has always amazed me how British slang phrases are generally "more robust" than American ones) with file pathways and so forth; unless, of course, somebody can work out how
         to manage relative pathways on Linux . . .

Tried playing an embedded movie with Xfmedia:

on mouseUp
   set the videoClipPlayer to "/usr/bin/xfmedia"
   play videoClip "OINK.mov"
end mouseUp

[ Ctrl-A, Ctrl-C and Ctrl-V from the keyboard pasted into Mozilla Thunderbird ]

The videoClip started playing (admittedly only the music because I don't have the codex / codecs installed) and then the whole of RunRev 4.0 crashed. Whether the carsh happended DURING the time the videoClip was
playing or subsequently I really couldn't say.

So, I thought I would try to find a free, legal movie download from the internet (having previously been using a 15 second rip from a kids DVD I use for teaching purposes - Peppa Pig); well, as long as you are happy with porno you are spoilt for choice; otherwise a bit of a tough call!

Anyway I found an OGG video clip of some really stomach-churning cinema intermission from the USA in about 1950; "Happy Father's day Dad!" [ fair gave me the dry boke ]. Suffix is .ogv; plays on my Linux box quite satisfactorily in all the movie players I mentioned in my previous posting.

Embedded: sound plays and then the IDE crashes!

External and Reffed: the videoPlayer becomes strangely transparent allowing me to see
part of my desktop picture through it; sound plays.

Masochists among you may feel the urge to download my stack, which I have bundled with
the movie:

http://andregarzia.on-rev.com/richmond/STUFF/KINO.tar.gz

4.5 MB download

if you are expecting aesthetics get over it now; this is really crude stuff; both the look of the
stack and the awful videoClip . . .   :)