Wilhelm Sanke wrote:

Richard,

Thanks for this really valuable information.

"set the boundingrect of group x to the rect of group x" solves the
complete list of problems, the "setting" and "keeping" bugs are no
longer interfering and all side effects have gone away - like with the
magic button, but with even less effort.

Yeah, the boundingRect property been a godsend on some projects, and I was quite pleased when Raney added it. Makes short work of things that can get quite complicated without it.

As much as I enjoy using Rev, there are a few things I miss from when when I was using SuperCard daily; this was one of them.

They must be a great amount of similarities between what the
boundingrect and the magic button achieve,  and if the Rev engineers
will still try to fix the "set the loc" bug they should also look how
the boundingrect is coded in the engine.

I think I missed that bug - what's the RQCC#?

The Revolution docs/dictionary should be updated to reflect the
dependency of "set the loc" in groups on the "boundingrect" property.

Good idea - I've just added this note to the Dictionary entry for the location property:

    If you encounter difficulties setting the loc of objects
    within a group, see the boundingRect group property in
    this dictionary.

--
 Richard Gaskin
 Fourth World