Does open process fail?

Maybe there is something along this way that will work either as a test or as your own shell.

Dar

On Oct 14, 2010, at 2:41 AM, Monte Goulding wrote:

Hi Dar

Thanks for your interest.

I'm a little confused as to what is happening. Is the app locking up?

Yes. The shell function never returns. I have reported it as a bug because it should fail gracefully. But I'd love a workaround or test.

 Or does the function return empty?

If the latter, then maybe you can test shell with something trivial that always returns something that is not empty. If you get empty, you can't use shell().

I wish it were that easy.

Cheers

Monte