On Friday, Jul 18, 2003, at 15:09 Australia/Sydney, Geoff Canyon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Thursday, July 17, 2003, at 10:03 AM, Jim Hurley wrote:

I would have thought however that Run Rev might like to have the *option* of including this message. I expect someday to release some very bad software.

There _is_ an option: Studio or Enterprise ;-)

Geoff, you are doing a fine job as front man while people are away at the show :-) but your response to Jim's delightful witticism misses the point made more extensively by Chipp and several others.

Like any tool, Rev will have a population of bad programmers. They will not be buying Enterprise and are unlikely to buy Studio. Whatever the excellence of many Express buyers testing the RR waters, it remains a fact that RR's proud splash will also sit on many of the worst programs made with Rev; programs badly written and unsupported; the author is not earning their living from them. This is just plain bad publicity and you do not need it.

I can afford not to care about the splash because I will need S and might get Ent, but not Ex. My view is therefore somewhat dispassionate and I support those saying RR is making a bad call here.

regards
David

PS: Before any free or prospective Ex buyers beat me up about those comments, I am just saying that is where the population of worse _programs_ is likely to arrive, not that better _programmers_ will avoid Ex. If that is too fine a distinction for you I will not respond to your flames. - dv

regards,

Geoff Canyon