On Friday, July 18, 2003, at 09:28 PM, Ken Norris wrote:

I've made some crude things for looking closely at part of a stack, but
that part has to be visible. I don't know how to do that with a
magnifying glass in front, but if you are willing for the magnification
to be someplace else, then I'd use snapshot
Won't work, I don't think.

The magnified image has to be over what is being magnified, huh?

How about you take a snapshot of the entire desktop when the mouse goes down, create the magnifying glass at the mouse, drag it around showing an enlargement of the snapshot at that point? Things will be frozen, though.

Dar Scott