On Monday, August 18, 2003, at 06:17 PM, Judy Perry wrote:

Meanwhile, I'm lucky to have a single course to teach and so far we'll be
using the old 1.x 10-line limited demo until I can beg the department for
the paltry $500 to get a lab license...

Maybe the department can buy a $75 version and after seeing what you can do with that will insist you buy more.

Sorry... universities -- especially state-funded ones -- are black holes
for kleptocrats.

I understand your feelings.

The processes that cause higher education costs to increase faster than inflation are the same ones that twist one's arm and encourage one to go to a state-funded school.

Are you a grad student at Fullerton?

Dar Scott