On Wednesday, October 1, 2003, at 04:21 PM, Dar Scott wrote:

But the engine won't do it until 2.1.1?

It won't do Polish until 2.1.1- that's OK my app isn't finished yet and Polish is a very very small proportion of the files. But I haven't done much testing to see exactly how many weird character encodings I have to deal with. I think the current uniEncode will cover most but not all of the app's encoding needs.

Applescript to textEdit?

Or applescript to Safari- but if it comes to that I will put up a dialog for the user- here is the filename, here is what the text encoding might be, now knock yourself out, then hit reload here. :-)

Alex Rice <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> | Mindlube Software | http://mindlube.com