On Thursday, October 2, 2003, at 08:48 AM, Barry Levine wrote:

So, unless the user is the admin (or has admin auth's), my app won't be able to write to any stacks located in my app's folder (assuming it's been installed in the /Programs directory)?

Right

I would need to move (or copy) the stacks to /My Documents (or another folder owned by the user)?

Yep- but a better place is Documents and Settings/USER/Application Data/YourApp/xxx, unless it's really a document-oriented app.

Alex Rice <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> | Mindlube Software | http://mindlube.com