On Tue, 21 Oct 2003 20:38:44 -0500, "Ken Ray" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

First of all, I would avoid editing the group and just address items in the group directly if you can. For example, if you do:

delete image "face.gif" of grp "TheGroup"

you don't need to be in "editing" mode to do it; you can be just "on the
card" with the browse tool when the command executes and it will work.

However, to get new images *into* a group from the clipboard, there's
not much more you can do that what you're already doing unless you know
the dimensions of the image (width and height) ahead of time.

Ken, thanks for this info. I didn't realise you could edit the individual objects of a group without putting the group into edit mode - if this is in the docs, I ain't seen it.

As to your second point, what do you mean by the last sentence - what if I **did** know the dimensions of the image? I'm sorry but I don't quite grasp your meaning here. The fact is I have a lot of little images I want to do this to, and for other reasons I was thinking of making them all the same size - so this technique might be relevant to me.

TIA

Graham