On Monday, January 5, 2004, at 12:34 AM, Doug Lerner wrote:

text</b></p>, using the same approach I did?

Actually I set properties of the last n chars, where n is the length of
the line I just appended. Your idea might be better. I'm not sure
where yours will put the line-end; I would have to experiment.

One problem is that my field scrolls as I add more to it. But setting the
last line (and presumably the last n characters) seems to have the bad side
effect of always keeping the last line with that setting... hmmm...

I think that means that (unless you find some way to avoid it) you will need a command for appending even plain text.

Dar Scott