On Tuesday, January 20, 2004, at 02:25 PM, Trevor DeVore wrote:

I stored the combined width of all subgroups which might be like 50,000 pixels. In my custom scroll bar I would determine where in that 50,000 pixel wide timeline the user currently was and then display the appropriate subgroup(s). As soon as a subgroup moved out of the viewable area of the main Group then I would tuck it away off screen until it was needed again.

Cool!

I was thinking of doing this.

I was also considering a green room and wings. Those subgroups moved from green room to wings get sent a message to get ready for being visible. Those going the other direction get another message to let them go idle and avoid unneeded updating.

Dar Scott