Hey, Ken,

Thanks! I've been looking at your site, actually, and the many others that are out there. It is unbelievable how many resources people have made available, even more unbelievable that nobody I know has ever heard of RunRev. Per the discussion in another thread, it's hard for me to get it through to my java/flash guru friend that RunRev is a good idea, but it seems like the world that knows about it is filled with real zealots. (ha. a Sons of Thunder joke)

Well, it could be a font issue. I will give it a go with Arial. This font is HebraicaII by Linguist Software, not something I could distribute with a stack anyway. It is English OSX.3.2 that I'm running, and XP on the Win side. I did not put a menu bar in, so in this case it is getting way cut off even without the bar-space.

Have a look at the files in here called winwarped and macwarped http://www.luminus.com/runrev/

That's the original Mac spacing I had to do to get the windows to look as it does in winwarped (which is not warped at all, and what I expected my original stack to export like).

I'll go give it a test with Arial though. I notice that there have not been any posts in the archives for some time about Right to Left keyboarding and fonts, but this is the major need for which I will be carrying the standard. I don't suppose you (or anyone reading this) knows offhand why when I switch to Hebrew-QWERTY the system automagically switches me to Lucida Grande, and I can't seem to change fonts in the right-left scripted mode...

RunRev needs to give a call to Mellel! Especially with the education market in graduate/postgrad studies in Middle Eastern languages and literatures... (I'm currently assisting in editing my prof's dissertation for U. Ed, and one of the biggest issues has been dealing with Hebrew, Greek and English in one document. May I take this time to express a moment of disdain for MS Word). Mellel is one of the only apps I've seen so far that does it right - but even Mail.app works reasonably well.

Getting wordy, will go try Arial then look for a better Hebrew font... any suggestions from the gallery?