On Feb 18, 2004, at 10:15 PM, Christopher Mitchell wrote:

That if-then idiom looks like exactly what I was looking for. It should essentially cut off inheritance.

Another way to cut off inheritance is with "front scripts". Using a front script you can intercept messages before any other control or library can receive them.

I'll give it a shot tomorrow, but I think I'm done for the evening. Thanks very much.

Glad to help. I think it's kind of a tricky one, but very useful. The preOpenStack message is a _card_ message not a stack message. That's why it checks "the owner of the target is me".

on preOpenStack
  if the owner of the target is me then
    -- handle mainstack message
  else