On Monday, February 23, 2004, at 12:19 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Hmmm...couple of things:

1) I might try to convert it to a mouseMove because polling mouse events
(repeat while the mouse is down...) hogs the processor.

Unless you have a background process that needs time in your app, it doesn't really matter if the processor gets hogged for a bit (and OSX should take care of other processes ok) -- but it might be interesting to code it that way.

2) It doesn't appear to have bounds. What happens if you try to drag the
image past the hScroll or vScroll limits of the scrollbars? Does the engine
stop it automatically? Does it throw an error?

Ken N.

Setting the scroll negative will pin it to zero, and setting it > max will pin it to max. Notice too I get the current value of the scroll each time through the loop, so that once it's pinned mouse movement in the opposite direction will start scrolling right away.

-- Frank