My company just bought a Studio version of RunRev for MacOS X,
> which is fine for my work Mac. However at home I have an older
> Mac that doesn't support MacOS X and I would like to be able to
> run RunRev under MacOS 9.2.2 on that machine.

However, it looks like the only way I can do this is to pay $149
> for an Express version, making a total of $488 to just give me
> the ability to run on two OSes.

Is there some way I could get a deal on a version that just runs
> under MacOS 9? If not, I'm not sure I want to pay $149 and so I
> probably won't buy it and so I won't get into RR as quickly and
> Runtime Revolution Ltd won't make *any* money!!!!

I think a better pricing plan would be to charge a base price for
> the RR Engine, then a price for each Platform that you want to run
> on and another price for each platform that you want to generate
> code for.

Agreed.

But as for getting going with Mac, I believe all Mac versions are included in the Mac license, which would mean both OS X and the older Classic. I can't imagine RunRev would charge separately for the defunct OS 9.

--
 Richard Gaskin
 Fourth World Media Corporation