Yes the altID can be set.

First put the cards in the order you want via marking them or by a complex sort then do:

put 0 into myvar

repeat with v = 1 to the number of cards
        set the altID of card v to (myVar +1)
end repeat

HTH

Tom

On Feb 29, 2004, at 12:30 PM, Christopher Mitchell wrote:

Tom,

Hrm, I'll look into this property then provided it can be 'set' . I would just sort on the card ID number except that I created 4 cards in the beginning to test the audio and transport controls, then added the other 20+ cards later, after a lot of added/deleted additional cards which threw off the numbers.

Yours,
Chris