On Mar 23, 2004, at 1:43 AM, Bruce Robertson wrote:

There is nothing that prevents you from using that approach with Filemaker
also if you want to; or you could use the easier native record locking
options.

I don't quite understand how you lock a record without knowing what record
you're locking. You say you can lock a record or determine its lock status
without a DB connection. How does that work? How do you perform a query
without performing a query?

Ops... allow me to explain, I use this on a simple software where I know beforehand what the records are. No need to a SELECT call. This sofware is using the DB as a filesystem-like database. My XML tells everything about the DB... I know people might be thinking, so why the hell he is using a DB... it's like this MySQL is accessed remotelly to store JPEG files and weblog comments, each one is assigned an ID, this ID is stored locally on client XML for this will not change, it's faster than using SELECT all time...

I think you might understand me better now..

Cheers

-- Andre Alves Garzia  2004  BRAZIL http://studio.soapdog.org