Before I bugzilla this, I wanted to check to see if anyone else has hit this snag and whether there is a work-around for it.

I have stack that opens a tool palete. I want the palette to disappear when the stack is not frontmost, and reappear when it is. I scripted a suspendStack handler and a resumeStack handler to manage this:

on suspendStack
 hide palette "myPalette"
end suspendStack

on resumeStack
 show palette "myPalette"
end resumeStack

This works exactly every other time the stack is suspended; that is, the first time it hides, the second time it doesn't. In addition, the times when the palette is reshown, it is not redrawn and appears on screen as a plain white rectangle with no contents. "Go this card of stack myPalette" from the message box will force a redraw and the contents appear.

After reading that "palette" above was a miss in email, I have verified that the same occurs under OS9. When the palette is hidden, it always shows. However, when it is showing, it hides only on every other switch. From watching messages, I see that the suspendStack is sent one time to the palette stack and another time to the other stack. It seems that when the palette shows first time, it remains the defaultstack so the next suspend will go to it. This happens even if I just click the palette to generate suspend/resume. Sounds like engine bug.

Robert