On 5/21/04 10:09 PM, Richard Gaskin wrote:

When faced with a mysterious issue related to OS events I've found if nothing else works sometimes it's useful to add a timer to allow the OS to complete whatever it's doing before doing your next thing.

This seems to work okay from a frontScript:

on resumeStack send "UpdatePal" to me in 100 millisecs end resumeStack

on UpdatePal
  if the short name of the topStack is "sub" then
    show stack "pal"
  else hide stack "pal"
end UpdatePal

This seems to mostly work. Thanks. I didn't put it into a frontscript, I just put it into the mainstack's stack script. Is there any particular reason to use a frontscript?

I don't completely trust it yet, since if you try it without the delay it crashes the engine. Also, I am getting a flashing field when clicking back to the main stack -- it looks like something is repeatedly focusing in on the first field on the card, which tells me the card is getting and losing the focus in a recursive loop. This isn't consistent but it looks really weird when it happens. Putting blocking suspend/resumestack handlers in the palette doesn't help.

What seems to be going on is a recursive "resumestack" somewhere. But this is the closest thing to a working solution I've found so far, so thanks. I think we're close.