Le 2 août 04, à 06:24, Hershel Fisch a écrit :

On Sunday, August 1, 2004, at 07:45 PM, Pierre Sahores wrote:

Le 1 août 04, à 23:32, Hershel Fisch a écrit :

On Saturday, July 31, 2004, at 04:56 PM, Pierre Sahores wrote:

Hi,

About how to set up a Revolution applications server binded to PostgreSQL under Mac OS X or Linux, see
B1 on Mac os X , doesn't work with postgres.

Take care about the fact that the way i expose don't use the RevDB lib but direct shell() calls to the psql PostgreSQL's server-side connector.
Now technical what is the difference between the two methods ?

1.- worked fine years before the introduction of the RevDB lib
2.- those MC/Rev applications servers are only doing what they are doing the best : working on the data presentation layer, in beetwin the Web server (one side) and (second side) the shell() + psql connector to the ACID compliant PostgreSQL RDBMS.
3.- works fine and very fast in all situations, including administration tasks alike new databases and tables creations or automatic "pg_dump" (backups) operations without stopping the production statu of the PostgreSQL server.
4.- least but not least : i didn't, at this time, got enought time to test RevDB and see if it's mature in about handling critical production tasks (over 400 connections/secs, 75% write mode transactions).

Works fine in production, under Metacard 2.32 / 2.5 and Revolution 2.0 / 2.12 under both Linux x86 and Mac OS X 10.1 and UP. Not tested, for yet under Rev 2.2 and UP.

<http://www.google.com/search? as_sitesearch=lists.runrev.com&num=20&q=postgresql>