On Tuesday, August 3, 2004, at 04:00 AM, Pierre Sahores wrote:
but I'd still like to try out and see how to work with shell() for other things as you mentioned above for maintenance purposes . The question, where I can get some education on that .

About general PostgreSQL + Metacard/Revolution posts :
<http://www.google.com/ search?as_sitesearch=lists.runrev.com&num=20&q=postgresql>
About handling a PostgreSQL back-end from Revolution in CGI mode :
<http://www.google.com/ search?as_sitesearch=lists.runrev.com&num=20&q=postgresql+sadhu>
About handling a PostgreSQL back-end from Revolution set up as a web/eai applications server :
<http://www.google.com/ search?as_sitesearch=lists.runrev.com&num=20&q=postgresql+sahores>
I looked over these links but didn't get anywhere. I need to know how to access the first postgres db command and I'll try to get on from there.
I tryed to put just a simple command " put shell(" cd -")" or "shell ("ls ..") and got an error Script: missing '"' after literal or command not found.
Thanks , Hershel

Best, Pierre