Hi folks,

I've been following the discussion about Rev as a tool for educational s/w development. One of the perhaps overlooked uses of Rev in the educational setting is as an easy-to-learn, non-threatening environment for teaching programming concepts to non-techies. We teach just such a course and made the decision back in the v. 1.0 days to make the change to Revolution. We've negotiated the minefields of buggy early releases, and today, starting our fourth year of teaching Rev, we're pretty happy with it. It's allowed us to better utilize our teaching and classroom resources.

At the same time Rev provided us a way to migrate our older HyperCard and Toolbook custom apps to a new, single-track code base. We are not primarily concerned with producing marketable educational software (although we will do so if a demand emerges), but mainly with producing and maintaining software for the use of our foreign langauge and humanities students here in house.

Devin

Devin Asay
Brigham Young University