Thanks for everyone's input. As always, many ways to describe an elephant..

Our Apple repair-lady was here today. She said "Forget VPC, you will not only waste time but destabilize your whole system if you plan to do anything else on that machine."

But, I would be running VPC on OSX G4 dual-processor desktop model, (in another room) to upgraded to a G5 soon... so I think the speed will be acceptable.

But productivity can be an issue... fiddling with VPC, vs having a little DEL sitting on the corner of my own desk, plugged into the network would mean instant review. If you are trying to wrap something up in 2 hours... it could mean a lot.

I'll see for now if I can live with VPC and also see if budgets will allow for a PC box...

Thanks
Sivakatirswami