I tried to replicate the cmd-opt click behavior with Constellation and it was not easy to do. This hover method turned out to be extremely easy and I found a way to make it fairly reliable. It was the hover method's lack of reliability that annoyed people, perhaps.

I will also give credit to the CLEANLINESS of 2.5 as to why hover now works well with Inspector Gadget. PLUS, with the Gadget, you can turn off whenever you like.

-JD