Recently, Jesse Sng wrote:

 I'm trying to build a standalone browser that will allow the user to
 select from a list of mp3 files and then either stream or download
 them to his hard drive for local playback.

 What I'm trying to figure out now is what do I have to do to get the
 QT player to reference a file that's located on a web server? Which
 property do I set to specify that?

The fileName property. This can be set to a file path or a URL.

Thanks to all who replied to my question. I did eventually find that you could use a URL in the filename property. I had to do a little digging and eventually discovered that I could try that.

Jesse