On 20 Jan 2005, at 01:47, Chipp Walters wrote:

I'm having problems with my RTF export.
Can someone please try this and tell me if they get any results?

create a new stack
create a fld and type some text into it: "hello world"
create a button with the script:

on mouseUp
    ask file "Save As:" with "Untitled.rtf"
    if it is empty then exit to top
    put it into tPath
    put the rtfText of fld 1 into tContents
    put tContents into URL ("file:" & tPath)
end mouseUp

Now, try and open the RTF file you just created. I'm getting nothing in WordPad on XP. I don't have Word on this machine (hate M$).

I get the same result as you in Wordpad. (And the same if saved as "untitled.rtf".)

It opens fine in Open Office, and Notepad displays the full rtf stuff (as expected).

This doesn't square with Alex's report. Alex, do you have Word installed? Like Chipp, I don't. Does a Word installation add resources that are used by WordPad?

I've seen other oddities with WordPad and rtf. For example, copying text from a Rev field and pasting into WordPad shows rtf formatting code. Pasting the same into other programs produces the plain text only.

Dave