Judy Perry wrote:

> On Tue, 12 Apr 2005, Richard Gaskin wrote:
>
>> I prefer to believe it's merely in spring break.  But as they
>> say, the proof is in the pudding:  Monte arranged a task which
>> would let the group have strong influence on the design of a
>> new TOC, but so far the rubber has yet to meet the road....
>
> That's interesting, Richard.  I had the rather vague understanding
> that you had spoken to Kevin and that he agreed to listen to
> whatever we had to say on the issue, but nothing as specific as a
> TOC.  If I had understood, I'd be that group's equivalent of an
> electric cattle prod ;-)

See Monte's post from 10 Feb:

That was about the Getting Started section, and the TOC was to follow that. But as I mentioned in my note I just posted there, the discussion following his posted covered a lot of ground but little of it related to the opportunity at hand, so it went away. I believe the Getting Started stuff is done, and I don't know the current status of the TOC revision.

So yes: Kevin and I have talked about the RevDocs group, and given its charter of being a working group of experienced documentation professionals he was quite eager to see what recommendations we'd come up with.

But then I took it one step further when Monte mentioned to me that he was working on a Getting Started section and would consider a TOC overhaul, I went out on a limb and suggested he solicit feedback from the RevDocs crew. It turned out to be a slender limb. ;)

The RevDocs list was started in July 2004, and at that time with v2.5 so close it seemed prudent to wait until that version was released until we made recommendations about the docs. v2.5 was released many months ago, but still no recommendations have been drafted.

If there remains an interest in influencing the evolution of the Revolution docs, please bring your suggestions to the table:

 Richard Gaskin
 Fourth World Media Corporation