Hi,

openStack handler is called each time a stack is open: in the IDE it may be when opening any script, any property window, rev error dialog, app browser, etc..
In fact any window. That's the great thing with Rev : the IDE is built with Rev :-)
As for your problem, you have to check when you have to trigger or PASS a system message with a condition test.
You are right: IDE behaviour if different from stand alone environment.
You can check this too and act accordingly.
Best,