Dan Shafer wrote:
OK, then it must be something here. Thanks for the reality check.

I had a TERRIBLE time with the upgrade (mostly my fault) so I probably clobbered some vital setting.

Your initial reaction is completely understandable given Apple's history with such things.

Remember GURLGURL? That was the Apple event ID and class for sending the default browser to any page, local or remote, for many years.

That is, until OS X. Without even posting a tech note Apple yanked GURLGURL support for local web pages, requiring all developers who had been relying on it to rewrite their code to use the AppleScript "open location..." instead.

That was a hard lesson to learn, but a valueable one: trust nothing in any OS vendor's API, as ultimately everything is subject to change without notice.

By jumping in with a fix as soon as the issue was known, the Rev team pulled off something the Apple team couldn't be bothered with: revGoURL continues to support your call to it regardless of which OS version you're calling it from.

--
 Richard Gaskin
 Fourth World Media Corporation