On 5/20/05 6:50 AM, "MisterX" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

 Im compiling a bugzilla enhancement to make transcript more natural

 if there is a drive x then
 if there is a control c in group g
In my opinion to English'ish is very error prone, because every body has his
way of talking. True, transcript is English but English has many versions.
Besides the fact that RR is already a very big language. Therefore I think
the best way is a bit scheme or some kind of formality and not, e.g. If
there is a or so on. Also in your case 70 percent of RR has has to be
changed and 10 percent omitted (which I would prefer)
IsNumber change to "number" and number change to amount or count
selectedLine, hilitedLine.
Now in a case like this I'd rather suggest to add a function "thereIs" or
something alike, instead of looping to equate.
Hershel Fisch

Hershel, the construct "there is a" is already in the language. It's used to check for existence of something (object in a stack, file, directory). Xavier just suggested new options: to check whether a volume (it should be volume or partition not drive) is mounted (volume in question could be local, remote, or virtual) or whether a control is inside a specific group. The current syntax allows checking only whether a control exists.

I think these would be useful additions.

if a=b or if b=c then
Well in this one, if a=b or c=d is shorter and clearer.

I see no point for this.

 > if a is (b or c) then
Or if a = (b or c)

I find it ambiguous because it will interfere with normal 'or' clauses.

 > put a into b and c
Or put a into b,c This is something that would be good.

Akin to what can be done in C :) It could be a handy shortcut ocassionally but using 'and' here bother me since 'and' normally implies logical operation. May using comma would be better if there is a convincing justification to add it.

Robert