On 6/1/05 2:20 PM, Jon wrote:

Is there any way to specify the magnification ratio of the image (the ratio between the native/intrinsic size and the displayed size)? One might want to alter this ratio in order to "zoom" or "unzoom" an image. Note that I do NOT want a separate "zoom" window or magnifier. I want to take a image and either display it to "fit" in a window, or display it "normally" (1:1).

Is there any way to specify the displayed width of an image independent of the actual width of the image (in pixels)? One might want to do this to "fit" an image into a fixed screen space, even if it is larger or smaller (in pixels) than the screen space.

I've tried to manipulate real (large) images using the pixels, and have found Revolution to be stunningly slow (perhaps 100 times slower than native code). Am I doing it "wrong", or is Revolution aimed at doing things other than manipulating millions of pixels in tight loops?

Lots of old threads on this do exactly what you want. Go here:

<http://www.mail-archive.com/use-revolution@lists.runrev.com/>

and search for the words "zoom image". You'll get scripts and everything.

--
Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     [EMAIL PROTECTED]