Let me preface this by saying my hat is off to you authors who have no choice and struggle with Windows every day. And for those who love Windows and think it's great, you might want to move on to the next message.

At 8:29 AM -0700 6/2/05, Mark Wieder wrote:
Alex-

AT> I think that's a very user-unfriendly form of registration;  once I've

but that's the way Microsoft handles client licenses... oh, right, I
guess that's what you were saying...

Yes and a major reason why I won't do a project in Windoze. I got my first cheap Wintel box last year ($300) to check web pages. I was shocked one can't even change a hard drive in a XP Home system without checking in to Galactic Command Center and going through a procedure. It wasn't even the boot drive I was trying to upgrade, but a removable tray. Talk about paranoia.

Hopefully Revoluton will raise the bar on Windows software and interface design in general, as many of the designs I've seen on common Windows programs are downright stupid, ugly, counterintuitive and hard to use. The exceptions seem to be cross-platform ones the authors strived to make Mac-like, like Pro-Tools or iTunes, Windoze version, and the beautiful work that Eric and Chipp and others here have done. So I know it can be done..

At 8:29 AM -0700 6/2/05, Mark Wieder wrote:
Alex-

AT> I think that's a very user-unfriendly form of registration;  once I've

but that's the way Microsoft handles client licenses... oh, right, I
guess that's what you were saying...

<g>

--
-Mark Wieder