John,

I believe we are still limited to about 2GB of total stack size at present according to recent posts.

Dennis

On Jun 6, 2005, at 10:56 AM, Klaus Major wrote:

Hi John,

on 6/6/05 1:11 pm,  Signe Marie Sanne wrote :

Hello,
Since someone a week ago said he had not ventured into custom properties, I have uploaded a very simple stack which shows how you make a small archive stack and save it as a custom property, all with just one card. On RevOnLine
you will find it under my user name "sms", or under Categories
-->Programming. Its name is CustPropDatabase.

Marvellous! Now it is not so frightening... I need to think hard about this
solution - are there any serious size limitations?

Well, nothing to worry about, i think ;-)

You can have upt ot 4 GB of custom properties per object!
Each of them can hold up to 4 GB of characters...

Only drawback: A stack can only be up to 4 GB in size ;-)

If it could replace 1000
cards, some containing c. 100k text, it would be FAST...

Regards

Klaus Major
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.major-k.de