I was hoping for a final clarification and consensus regarding command-F "Find and Replace." The thread died before I got on.

I read various reports of "Find and Replace" speed in version 2.5.1. Oh well...

Not wishing to be tedious -- Is there consensus that "Find and Replace" in version 2.6.x is as fast as the CPU allows? In other words, as fast as the "find" command, on the same search in the same stack?

I'm reluctant to download 2.6 and try it, having read reports of 2.5.1 stacks that don't work right after running on 2.6. Maybe that's all fixed now. Not sure. So many topics every day. I'm still cautious about premature upgrades.

Thanks,

Tim