Yes--my first post that began this thread references an earlier thread "Own fontsuite with standalone?" I tried the EXT external, but was unable to get the the PC executable to return any external commands:

set the externals of this stack to gStackPath & "/EXT.dll"
  put the externalCommands of this stack into fld "fontTest2"
  put the externals of this stack into fld "thisTest"
  ext_loadFont (gStackPath & "/VeraMoBI.ttf")

But I'm not proficient enough at Transcript yet to know where the problem lies.

It appears from thist thread that this is a pretty significant feature request. I opted to use Rev because of its handling of Unicode; Flash handles Unicode and also embeds fonts. I felt Rev had other significant strengths, but it sure would be nice to have this problem solved.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Doesn't the EXT external provide this functionailty? Maybe memory is slipping. /H