On 20 Jul 2005, at 15:25, Brad Borch wrote:

Thanks, I'll try your suggestion. I wasn't clear about the result; the seconds kept ticking, meaning the repeat look kept looping, even though the bytes uploaded were equal to the bytes to be uploaded.

That makes sense, and was kind of what I got here when I tested your script, except mine stuck at the "contacted" stage, but with time also ticking over.

Here's another solution which is closer to your original script, so you may feel more comfortable with it:

   libURLftpUpload compress(fData), myURLstring

  repeat until URLStatus(myURLstring) is in "uploaded,error,timeout"
     put URLStatus(myURLstring) && the long time
    wait for messages
  end repeat

The "wait for messages" line will allow background scripts to run.

Cheers
Dave