Well, I don't know. Now that it's pointed out to me, I see in the Doc under 'this' only mentions of 'this card' and 'this stack' . . . It seems a little counterintuitive, though, doesn't it? to have an apparent "plain English" command with what feels like an arbitrary limitation on its reference? Why shouldn't "this X" refer to whichever X is the "current" one of its kind (group, button, script . . .)?

Charles

On Aug 5, 2005, at 11:12 AM, MisterX wrote:

Jeanne

Not just this stack and this card...
Dont forget this group and this background...

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
Jeanne A. E. DeVoto
Sent: Friday, August 05, 2005 16:48
To: How to use Revolution
Subject: Re: me vs. this?

At 10:09 AM -0400 8/5/2005, Charles Hartman wrote:

What I most don't understand (??) is the relation between "me" and
"this X" when "me" is an instance of type X.

"This" only applies to the current card or current stack ("this card"
or "this stack"). This may or may not be the object whose
script is executing ("me").

You might want to check out the owner property, in addition
to the entries for "this" and "me" - it sounds like what
you're looking for:

   -- in a button script
   answer the name of the owner of me -- name of the group
this button is in
   answer the hilitedButtonName of the owner of me
--
jeanne a. e. devoto ~ [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.jaedworks.com