Hi Dave,

If you think it would help, I can send you the real script with the real URL.

Thanks, Claire

On 15 Aug 2005, at 03:03, Claire Bradin Siskin wrote:

I am trying to upload a binary file (QuickTime movie) to an ftp server, using the following script:

put URL "binfile:moviefile.mov" into URL "ftp://username:[EMAIL PROTECTED]/moviefile.mov"

With this script, I get a file on the server with the correct number of bytes, but the file appears not to be binary and cannot be opened by QuickTime.

The syntax looks correct. All ftp transfers in Rev are done as binary. When you say the file appears not to be binary, can you be more specific? How are you trying to open the movie in QT, as a file or as a url?

I was able to use a similar script to upload a movie file by ftp and then play it from the QT Player as a file. No problems.

Cheers
Dave

Hi Dave,

I meant that when I try to open the file with QuickTime Player, I get a message saying that it cannot be played by Quicktime Player. So I assumed that it isn't binary. We are trying to upload it to a Mac OSX server, and according to Terminal, all ftp transfers are binary. We are stumped on this one. :-)

Thanks for any clues,

Claire

--
Claire Bradin Siskin