Hi Trevor,

On Aug 16, 2005, at 11:26 AM, david bovill wrote:
Thanks of the tip - works great for image object.
On 16 Aug 2005, at 17:44, Derek Bump wrote:

if (the imagePixMapID of img "testImage") is empty then
  answer "Unable to open the selected image." with "OK"
end if
Now for the player object? Do you have any scripts / appleScripts for figuring out whether the fileType of a file is supported by QuickTime? I am getting rather pleasant / unpleasant surprises here - what is being displayed for pdf's and text files?
Work in progress....
For images and player objects you can check the result() after setting the fileName of the object. If it isn't empty then there was an error.

is this a "new" feature?

I remember that with earlier versions the result was always empty, even if you selected
a text (TXT) file.

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Multimedia