You are most welcome, Joel.

And Howard, you are not actually stopping the animation which continues in the background. As in the original posting and repeated when uploaded to ssBk Online, set the repeatCount of the image ID to -1 to start the animation and
0 to stop it.

On what platform do you run? I still dont see the animation during script execution. Try this on MacOSX 10.4.2:

1.- Put this handler in the script of a card displaying your animation image:

on doTheLongProcess pCount
  repeat with i=1 to pCount
    put i
  end repeat
end doTheLongProcess

2.- Ensure that the image is animated, i.e. type in the msg box: "set the repeatCount of the image X to -1"

3.- Type the following in the msg box "doTheLongProcess 4000"

4.- Here you notice that the msg box displays an increasing value but the image is not animated.

Now, do you catch my former question? Or does your own computer display the animation, mine does not...

So to allow for the animation to be displayed during the execution of script, I do the following:

1.- Change the above script to:
on doTheLongProcess pCount
  repeat with i=1 to pCount
    put i
animateImg -- this is the fix to allow for the animation to display.
  end repeat
end doTheLongProcess

local llast_animate = 0

on animateImg i
-- dont do the wait for each iteration of the calling handler since this will slow down the execution:
  if millisecs()-llast_animate>100 then
    wait 0 millisecs
    put millisecs() into llast_animate
  end if
end animateImg

2.- Note that calling "wait" allows for the screen to display.
3.- Dont use a "lockscreen" or "set lockscreen to true" in your script because this will prevent the redisplay, of course.

That's my proposal. I build a test stack named "Display animation process" which you find under username "imed". It will show you time wasting depending of the settings (animate or not, screen locked or not).

JG