Jim Bufalini wrote:
Several years ago I had a company that outsourced to India. You can't leave
anything to the imagination in the spec. If you do it's guaranteed to come
back wrong. And there are cultural differences to deal with that effect the
software.

For example, making requests to reorder the prompts on a working entry
screen, so it matches the customer's workflow, elicit disbelief and outright
laughter. The programmers can't understand why you would take something that
works and change it solely for the convenience of the end user.

I hope all my clients' competitors outsource. :)

That last line is one of the funniest things I've read in this industry in years. Should be a t-shirt....

--
 Richard Gaskin
 Managing Editor, revJournal