Perhaps I don't know enough about wiki's, but it would sure be nice if they could organize data in a form which could be printed in a real-book format (and had an 'export to PDF' button which did just that, including TOC and index).

While they do provide a nice 'random-access' interface (search & find), I'm not sure they can really take the place of good serial documentation, which has a beginning, middle and end. And it sure seems like *that* is most needed as well. In fact, I believe the original RevDocs (mostly written by Jeanne DeVoto) were written to accomplish both ways of accessing information.

Perhaps Dan Shafer or Jeaane DeVoto might weigh in on this topic as both are accomplished documentation writers.