kee nethery wrote:

The reason  why programs like "Konfabulator" get the attention is
that they  create widgets/programs that look modern/exciting,
almost "by  default." The same look-and-feel can be created with
RunRev, but  it's a lot more difficult.

How does Konfabulator make that easier,

You build your UI using Web tools, essentially you are building a pretty web page. Graphics, fields, buttons, images, anything you can do with a web page you and use as your Konfabulator UI.

They essentially support the standard webkit display routines and don't bother with the tools that create the UI, Adobe and others do that quite well, no need for them to re-invent it.

Thanks for the info. I never use Konfab myself (nor its clones, Apple's Widgets and Microsoft's Gadgets), but after attending the WWDC session on Widgets last year I had a hunch they weren't doing UI tools.

For myself, I love Fireworks so much for making UI elements I can't imagine using anything else. I've thought about making Rev-based alternatives, but I could spend 10 years working toward that and still not have the Fireworks I can get for just $300. :)

--
 Richard Gaskin
 Managing Editor, revJournal