Ken Apthorpe wrote:

Alex
You say:
on menuPick pWhich switch pWhich case "Exit" answer "Are you sure you want to exit?" with "Yes" or "OK" if it is "OK" then quit break case "Quit" answer .... if it is "OK" then ... break end switch end menuPick

I'm sure this would work.  Problem is, I don't understand why.  This isn't
your problem, you've given me a solution which is more than I could expect,
thank you.

Well, what I did was show you the fixed version of the switch control structure .... I left the code within it unchanged.

My problem with this script is:  it produces two choices, Yes or No. Buttons
I assume. OK is handled. Yes does not appear to be handled by anything. But, if it works it must be handled somehow. But there is nothing in this
script (that I can see) to cater for a choice of Yes.

It's a dilemma.  You say this works. I believe you (on faith, not having
tried it).
As I said, I didn't change your code within the structure, so it may not work (sorry about that - see below).

But I can't see how it can possibly work, because there is
nothing that appears to handle a choice of Yes.  Isn't programming supposed
to follow the script?

You don't necessarily need to handle all possible cases - e.g. if there is nothing to do.
The code could have been
 answer "Really quit?" with "Yes" or "No"
 if it = "Yes" then quit

If the answer is "No", then you don't quit - so nothing needs to be done !

I've now done what I should have done in the first place ----
look in RevOnline, under username alextweedly there is a script called
"Menu script for quit"
which has a working, tested script in it ! I'll fill in all the rest of it later (e.g. some help info, more comments, etc") but I wanted to get this very skeletal version up where you could read it asap.