At 4:25 PM -0600 2/24/2006, Peter T. Evensen wrote:
send "go" to traffic light...

That works for methods, but how about functions?

I have never liked the current transcript syntax of Value("GetCurrentColor()", TrafficLight). TrafficLight.GetColor() is much more readable, in my opinion.

Hmm.

  get the currentColor() of trafficLight

seems even more readable to me. Or, where trafficLight is actually a class,

  get the currentColor() of trafficLight "My Light"

(I agree that the value syntax for this is clumsy; I suspect it doesn't come up more often as a problem mostly because people tend to use getProp handlers for this sort of thing, rather than function calls, so the clumsiness is avoided.)
--
jeanne a. e. devoto ~ [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.jaedworks.com