Hi Swami,

OK, was musing to make a simple pie chart: make a circle and set up the center point as a fixed variable and the point on the circle as the dynamic variable and draw radius lines programatically: seems simple enough.. but:

1) draw circle graphic with shift key down to constrain to perfect circle
2) name it "oval1"
3) msg box: put the points of grc "oval1"

result: nothing

I'm missing something... Where to go from here? Obvious algorithms needed:

1) draw radius vectors e.g.

-- set the divisions to 10% (of the circle); draw nine vectors (where there are ten equal divisions)-- set initial vector to vertical (center to point 1 where point one is the exact top of the circle -- add second vector at 30% off the circle (another line draw 30 degrees off from the above radius )

2) fill resulting sectors (by script) with a color
3) find some point equidistant from the three points of a sector (for dropping in a label field programatically)

That's as far as I could "see" I sure others have invented this wheel a long time ago... my trigonometry is a bit too weak for me to actually start writing the code from ground zero, but I could probably "get it" if I saw some basic scripts.

my math ability is similary ehm... handicaped, but i would do it with some oval graphics,
all at the same loc, and calculate their "startangle" and "arcangle" :-)

Seems pretty easy, even to me :-D

Meanwhile I'm off to dig the doc for related syntax.

Hope that wil get you started.

Sivakatirswami

Regards

Klaus Major