Rob,

Indeed does the text of an image contain binary data, but it looks like it's in the PNG format.
I will do some testing.
If the text of an image is PNG binary data, and the Word file contains only PNG images, I would be able to set the text of an image to the decoded text from the WordXML node.

Thanks.
Henk