Ken,

putting binary data from a Word XML file into an image on a Rev card is quite straightforward.
There is a node <w:binData> containing the image data.

    put revXMLNodeContents(treeID, node) into theData
    create img
    put it into theImg
    set the text of image theImg to base64Decode(theData)

The hard part of course is to parse Word XML in a proper manner. I'm working on that right now. I'll see where I get. If it works OK, I'm willing to share my code, of course.

Henk