On Apr 5, 2006, at 5:43 PM, Trevor DeVore wrote:

On Apr 5, 2006, at 3:37 PM, Devin Asay wrote:

I know this can be done, but it's got me stumped. Nothing conclusive from archives.

I want to store image data in a mysql database and then show it in an image object in Rev. I successfully loaded an image into a field of type longblob. I know the data is there and that it's valid.

Has anyone successfully done this who can share the secret to making it work?

Devin,

I think there is a bug when retrieving binary data using the mysql driver. If you get it to work I would like to know. I messed with this briefly the other day and couldn't get the binary data out that I put in.

--
Trevor DeVore

Well, at least I'm not alone in this. What puzzles me is that it works flawlessly when I set up an automatic query in Database Query Manager. I tried and failed to find the script that executes the query in the DQM stacks. I'll Bugzilla this if there isn't already a bug report on it. Anyone know?

Devin

Devin Asay
Brigham Young University